Life Sciences in Space Research (LSSR), COSPAR’s newest journal, publishes high quality original research and state of the art review articles in areas covered by Commission F (life sciences) of COSPAR. The journal replaces the LS section of Advances in Space Research (ASR).
For more information on the journal’s contents, ordering information, etc., as well as a complete list of and access to all issues published, please visit Elsevier’s LSSR page.
Life Sciences in Space Research (LSSR) has a 2020 Impact Factor of 2.082 and a 2020 CiteScore of 3.8.
More exciting news for LSSR – the journal has been accepted for SCIE, Science Citation Index Expanded. The journal is already included in MEDLINE/PubMed.
Click the ScienceDirect link for a quick look at the title of papers appearing in each volume.
Life Sciences in Space Research is published under the supervision of its Editorial Board.
The following review articles which appear in LSSR, Volume 30, are free to read until 01 August 2022:
- Nonhuman primate models in the study of spaceflight stressors: Past contributions and future directions
- What can space radiation protection learn from radiation oncology?
Manuscripts in the following areas are considered:
– Prebiotic chemistry and origin of life
– Life in extreme environments
– Habitability in the solar system and beyond
– Ecological life support and sustainability
– Functionality, monitoring and control of ecosystem in space environment
– Animal models in space research
– Effects of space flight conditions on human bodies
– Non-cancer health effects of space radiation, space flight
– Space radiation risk assessment and countermeasures
– Space radiation dosimetry- measurements, modeling and detector development
– Gravitational effects in biological systems
– Effects of space radiation in living organisms at the cellular and molecular levels