COSPAR issues scientific roadmaps on critical issues to encourage decision makers in the relevant fields to develop collaborative programs based on the best science available. These reports have been well-received by the scientific community and by space agencies which recognize the important role of COSPAR in fostering international collaboration in space research, irrespective of any political considerations.
- Small satellites for space science: A COSPAR scientific roadmap, Advances in Space Research Volume 64, Issue 8, 15 October 2019, Pages 1466-1517 (open access). Published in Chinese in December 2020.
- Observation and integrated Earth-system science: A roadmap for 2016–2025, Advances in Space Research Volume 57, Issue 10, 15 May 2016, Pages 2037-2103 (freely available until March 2020)
- Understanding space weather to shield society: A global road map for 2015–2025, commissioned by COSPAR and ILWS, Advances in Space Research Volume 55, Issue 12, 15 June 2015, Pages 2745-2807 (open access)
- Future of Space Astronomy: a Global Roadmap for the Coming Decades, Advances in Space Research Volume 50, Issue 1, July 2012, executive summary.
- Toward a Global Space Exploration Program: A Stepping Stone Approach, Advances in Space Research Volume 49, Issue 1, January 2012.
Roadmap(s) under Preparation: